LASIK Laser Eye Surgery
Why not give yourself the ultimate makeover and enjoy freedom from glasses and contact lenses.
Book yourself a FREE CONSULTATION for life-changing Laser Eye Surgery today.
Long-sighted, short-sighted and astigmatism… however HIGH or LOW your prescription is, for the sake of clarity and transparency we use fixed pricing and will not change our price after your consultation – and that includes a comprehensive eye examination.
What is LASIK Laser Eye Surgery?
LASIK stands for laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis and is the most commonly performed type of laser vision correction in the world. LASIK Eye Surgery is proven to be safe and effective. Advanced Wavefront Intralase LASIK is completely blade-free and has a very quick recovery time, hence is now the first choice for vision correction.
There are two parts to the blade-free Intralase LASIK eye procedure:
- A micro-thin flap is created in the cornea using a precision Intralase laser
- A cool beam Excimer Laser is then used to reshape the cornea to correct the prescription.
Advanced Wavefront LASIK is able to treat a wide variety of prescriptions – long-sightedness, short-sightedness and astigmatism, and all within the space of a few minutes.
AVC’s expertise in laser vision correction is world renowned and we have a reputation for successfully treating higher and more complex prescriptions, often treating those found unsuitable by other clinics. We are able to treat prescriptions up to:
-9 DS (Short sighted) +5 DS (Long sighted) -5 DC (Astigmatism)
100% of AVC’s patients achieve driving standard vision and 99% achieve 20/20 or better.
- Dr Pillai is a pioneering surgeon and was one of the first surgeons in the UK to perform bilateral Lasik (both eyes treated on the same day)
- AVC only offers the gold standard in Laser surgery.
- Lasik was FDA approved in 1999.
- Blade free and pain free procedure.
- AVC’s laser surgeon is a world renowned refractive specialist.
- Only two visits are needed to the AVC clinic and check-ups can be conducted locally.
- AVC has the only transparent Laser theatre in Europe which is used for teaching, and for families to watch treatment.
- Bespoke personalised treatment plans for each eye.
- 100% of our patients achieve driving standard vision.
Advantages of Intralase Lasik Laser Eye Surgery
Traditionally LASIK eye surgery was carried out using a blade to create the precision flap. Here at AVC we only use a blade-free technique called Intralase, which creates the corneal flap.
- Safety – fewer flap complications
- Computer controlled precision providing superb accuracy.
- Proven faster visual recovery.
- Enhanced flap stability – three times more compared with LASEK.
- Enhanced flap healing – increased flap adhesion post-operatively.
- Reduced dry eye symptoms.
- No heat is produced and no damage to the surrounding corneal tissue.
We are leading providers in LASIK laser eye surgery, not just because of our state of the art technology, but more importantly due to Mr CT Pillai, AVC’s medical director who is highly skilled and sought after in the field of vision correction. You will be in the hands of an expert pioneering surgeon who has 20 years’ experience in the field of refractive surgery. Having an experienced surgeon carry out your laser procedure is paramount in ensuring you are getting the very best quality of vision, and in the safest manner possible. For these reasons and many more, AVC is increasingly the eye clinic choice for vision correction for patients across the globe.
So, just how was LASIK invented? Below is a must-watch inspirational video on the development of the LASIK procedure. It also compares LASIK to other lesser procedures available at the time, which took months to correct vision.
Rangaswamy Srinivasan, the inventor of the LASIK procedure and an alumni of AVC’s medical director Dr CT Pillai, explains the safety and high degree of precision offered by Laser Eye Surgery.
Interested in Laser Eye Surgery?
To find out if you are suitable for laser eye surgery, click here »
If you would like to find out more about our state-of-the-art LASIK surgery and why patients choose AVC for their treatment, then why not call AVC Today on 0800 652 4878 and request your free information pack or book your consultation to find out how we can help you.