What is Laser Eye Surgery?
Laser eye surgery, invented by Indian-American chemist Rangaswamy Srinivasan, is one of the most commonly performed eye surgeries, with over 40 million people treated worldwide. Laser treatment has become so popular that it is now as common place as getting contact lenses. Laser eye surgery involves reshaping the cornea at the front of an eye to correct visual defects and imperfections like short sight, long sight and astigmatisms.
Laser treatment is designed to alter the point where the light reaches in the eye. To correct short sight, the cornea is flattened to allow for the light to reach the back of the eye. To correct long sight the cornea is curved, changing the light’s trajectory from going beyond the retina and focusing onto the retina. Laser treatments are a safe and convenient way to avoid the pitfalls associated with wearing contact lenses.
Contact lenses form a barrier between the oxygen in the air and the eye, which leads to dry itchy eyes and can eventually lead to an intolerance of contact lenses altogether. Overuse of contact lenses can lead to serious problems like iritis, uveitis, blepharitis, infections and even blindness caused by wearing contact lenses whilst in water (see Acanthamoeba).
100% of AVC patients achieve driving standard and 99% of patients achieve 20/20 vision following laser eye surgery with us.
- Laser treatment was first performed by Dr Theo Seiler in 1989.
- Over 40 million people already treated worldwide.
- AVC only provide treatments that have undergone trials and do not offer experimental procedures.
- Only transparent theatre in Europe, allowing families to watch treatment.
- Laser treatment has been approved by the FDA.
- All treatments are individually tailored to your personal needs.
- Dr Pillai was one of the first surgeons in the UK to perform bilateral (both eyes treated on the same day) Lasik treatment.
- Transparent pricing – you pay the same price regardless of how complex your prescription is.
Laser treatment is permanent despite corneal tissue being one of the fastest healing parts of the human body. The treatment is conducted below the upper surface meaning that the prescription will not return. However, due to the effects of the aging process on the eye, over time vision can deteriorate slightly and Laser eye surgery will not prevent this ageing or the development of presbyopia which is a reading prescription that occurs when you are over the age of 45.
There are two forms of Laser treatment that are offered at AVC; Advanced Wavefront Intralase Lasik (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis) and Advanced Wavefront Lasek (laser-assisted sub-epithelial keratectomy). Over the years there have been multiple studies on laser treatment regarding its safety and effectiveness. Both Lasik and Lasek are FDA approved. However, Lasik has evolved beyond its predecessor to become one of the safest and most technologically advanced vision correction procedures in the world today and is the most commonly performed Laser treatment available. We understand the decision to have treatment can be an intimidating experience.
At Advanced Vision Care the patient is at the heart of every treatment – as our many laser eye surgery reviews confirms.
We are an independent clinic that sees patient as individuals. We are driven by quality and not quantity, and we endeavour to achieve the highest attainable vision for each person. This is achieved by Dr C T Pillai personally tailoring your treatment for you. His wealth of knowledge, expertise and reputation attracts the most complex cases that other surgeons are unable to treat.
Our 5 star treatment is all about what is best for you
Step 1: Your Consultation
At your detailed consultation, we will carry out a thorough range of tests on your eyes to find out if you are suitable and to design the very best treatment plan.
Step 2: Your Surgery
With AVC’s world renowned laser eye surgeons and state of the art technology, you are guaranteed to experience surgery that is second to none.
Why choose Advanced Vision Care?
- UK’s leading independent vision correction clinic based in Harley Street.
- First and only clinic in Europe to have a transparent theatre, used for purposes of training and for loved ones to watch treatment.
- AVC’s Medical Director and laser surgeon is a refractive specialist with over 25 years of experience as an ophthalmic surgeon.
- Gold standard in laser treatment, using only the safest and most advanced technology to provide outstanding results, constantly surpassing expectations.
- Truly bespoke treatment plans individually designed for each eye of every patient.
- AVC only offer treatments that have undergone thorough clinical trials and rigorous studies; we do not offer experimental treatments.
- If a patient is found unsuitable for laser treatment, alternative treatments can be offered to correct the prescription.
- All appointments from the consultation to treatment and aftercare can be performed at the AVC clinic on Harley Street.
- The largest independent optometrist network in the country, meaning patients can have treatment at the Harley Street clinic and enjoy incredible aftercare at a more convenient location.
- Independent clinic surgeon lead clinic, driven by results and patient satisfaction.
100% Success Rate
Enjoy 20/20 Vision
We started the vision correction revolution in the UK and our surgeons are pioneers in ophthalmology. Our popularity has spread around the world via word of mouth alone.
Top for Patient Comfort
Cutting Edge Technology
High Success Rate
Now more people than ever can have the world class treatment with Advanced Vision Care on Harley Street. Our pricing is not only transparent but we have ensured that there are several ways to fund treatment so that no one has to compromise in quality of care, standards or technology. At AVC we offer interest free finance plans to help spread the cost and we have partnered with the UK’s leading insurance providers to make Harley Street quality available for more people.
Refer & Earn
Earn £100 after you refer a friend and they have laser eye surgery at Advanced Vision Care