What is ICL (Implantable Contact Lens / Implantable Collamer Lens)?
Evolution in Visual Freedom
Over 99% achieve driving vision or better
Whilst you may have heard it called an Implantable Contact Lens (ICL), the EVO Visian ICL is officially called an Implantable Collamer Lens. It is an excellent alternative to Laser Eye Surgery for patients who are not ideal candidates (those who suffer from dry eyes, thin corneas or have very high prescriptions).
Think of it as a micro thin contact lens that is placed inside the eye, rather than on the surface of the eye. It is made of Collamer (over 1 million collamer lenses have been implanted to date), which is a technologically advanced lens material that because of its collagen base, is 100% biocompatible and designed to function in harmony with your natural eye. There is no rejection by the human body.
The EVO Visian ICL has been approved in Europe since 1997 and FDA approved in the US since 2005. In that time, over 700,000 eyes have been implanted with EVO Visian ICLs and there has been a proven safety record with a patient satisfaction rate of 99%.
The US military have approved EVO Visian ICL for their personnel and have been monitoring the results. They concluded EVO Visian ICL provides “excellent visual and refractive results”. The study showed excellent vision quality and stability of the lens inside the eye even in combat. Here at AVC we pride ourselves on having successfully treated a large range of prescriptions ranging from -20D of short sightedness to +8D of longsightedness as well as 6D of astigmatism.
AVC is the first clinic to implant a hyperopic astigmatic ICL in UK and that too for a doctor. AVC is the first clinic to treat very high myope (short-sightedness) of -23D.
EVO is an Evolution in Visual Freedom designed to provide premium refractive outcomes while optimizing patient comfort.
Benefits of EVO Visian ICL
- Does not induce dry eye syndrome
- Sharp, Clear Vision
- Excellent Night Vision
- Great for those with thin corneas
- UV protection built into the biocompatible lenses
- A typically quick, 20-30 minute or less procedure and most people are able to resume daily activities in just a few short days with clearer vision
- Treats a wide range of prescriptions: myopia (short-sightedness), hyperopia (long-sightedness) and astigmatism.
- One ICL implanted every 8 minutes worldwide.
- ICL is invisible, undetectable and does not change the colour of the eye.
Removability for your peace of mind
The advantage of the Visian ICL is that it can permanently correct your vision, yet no natural tissue is removed in any way during the procedure. If for the unlikely reason you need or wish to remove your Visian ICLs in the future, your doctor can accommodate you.
In harmony with your natural eye
For people who value health and wellness the Visian ICL could be the choice for you. The Collamer base of the lens material is biocompatible, meaning it is designed to function in harmony with your natural eye.
- AVC are one of the leading providers of ICL in UK, implanting the highest numbers per year.
- AVC surgeons are pioneers and international trainers for Visian ICL.
- Over 500,000 procedures have been performed worldwide.
- Used to treat patients that are not suitable for Laser treatment or for suffers of Keratoconus.
- A 20 year proven track record.
- AVC were the first clinic in the UK to implant the hyperopic toric ICL (long sight with an astigmatism)
- Reversible and cosmetically better.
- FDA approved and used by the US military for the last 10 years.
- Corrects short sight, long sight and astigmatisms.
There are a few different types of ICL treatments and AVC are the pioneers of Visian ICL, which is the most advanced form of ICL treatment.
Unlike other types of ICL, Visian ICL is FDA approved and has a proven safety record. With Visian ICL, the lens is inserted in the anterior chamber instead of being iris-fixated or supported in front of the iris like other types of ICL.
This positioning of the lens means that the lens cannot be seen and eliminates the risk of scarring and endothelial cell loss, making it the safest and convenient type of ICL treatment.
Our 5 star treatment is all about what is best for you
Step 1: Your Consultation
At your detailed consultation, we will carry out a thorough range of tests on your eyes to find out if you are suitable and to design the very best treatment plan for you.
Step 2: Your Surgery
With AVC’s world renowned eye surgeons and state of the art technology, you are guaranteed to experience surgery that is second to none.
Why choose Advanced Vision Care?
- We are one of the leading providers in ICL treatment in UK and Ireland, implanting highest numbers of lenses per year.
- Independent clinic surgeon lead clinic, driven by results and patient satisfaction.
- First and only clinic in the UK to have the latest technology in lens implant treatment; The Alcon Refractive Suite.
- Our non-laser surgeons are pioneers and international trainers for ICL surgery.
- Dr Goran Helgason, one our ICL surgeons, is a testament to the effectiveness of ICL having had ICL implants over 10 years ago.
- UK’s leading independent vision correction clinic.
- All appointments from the consultation to treatment and aftercare can all be performed at the AVC clinic on Harley Street.
- Nationwide independent optometrist network gives our patients’ the choice to have their aftercare check-ups closer to home.
- To make it easier for patients’ to get the best treatment possible, AVC has partnered with the UK’s leading health insurance providers.
- AVC offer truly bespoke treatments. We stand out as we are not affiliated with any lens manufacturers or paid consultants.
- We are completely independent, consequently we are able to use the best lenses suited to each patient.
- We are leading providers of implantable contact lenses.
100% Success Rate Enjoy 20/20 Vision
We started the vision correction revolution in the UK and our surgeons are pioneers in ophthalmology. Our popularity has spread around the world via word of mouth alone.
Top for Patient Comfort
Cutting Edge Technology
High Success Rate
Now more people than ever can have the world class treatment with Advanced Vision Care on Harley Street. Our pricing is not only transparent but we have ensured that there are several ways to fund treatment so that no one has to compromise in quality of care, standards or technology. At AVC we offer interest free finance plans to help spread the cost and we have partnered with the UK’s leading insurance providers to make Harley Street quality available for more people.
Refer & Earn
Earn £100 after you refer a friend and they have implantable contact lens treatment at AVC