What is Clear Lens Exchange (CLE)?
Clear Lens Exchange (CLE) involves removing the natural crystalline lens and replacing it with an intra-ocular lens (IOL) implant to correct your vision.
There are different types of intra-ocular lenses and whether you can be completely glasses free depends on the lens. This treatment is the same as a Cataract procedure but instead of removing a cloudy lens, a clear lens is removed and exchanged with an artificial lens that corrects your prescription.
This treatment is known by various clinics under different names like Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) and Lens Exchange. However, at AVC we have kept it simple, given the lens being removed is not cloudy, we have named the procedure Clear Lens Exchange (CLE).
Clear Lens Exchange is not only able to correct all fields of vision leaving patients completely glasses free but means that cataracts will never develop in the future.
Clear Lens Exchange has major benefits over LASIK eye surgery, as it can correct refractive errors for people with serious vision problems. After an implant of multi-focal lenses, need for prescription glasses or daily contact lenses is completely eliminated, as multi-focal lenses can correct most common vision errors such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism and presbyopia.
- AVC’s Alcon Refractive Suite is the most advanced CLE theatre in the UK.
- AVC have no affiliation with lens manufacturers and provide patients with a lens truly suited to their visual and lifestyle needs.
- The entire patient journey is under one roof at AVC.
- Across the world there are 6 million IOL lenses implanted every year.
- AVC are the leaders in Multifocal lenses and we are able correct any prescription.
- Multifocal and Trifocal lenses allow for a total prescription correction, leaving patients completely glasses free.
- CLE treatment will prevent the formation of cataracts in the future.
Clear Lens Exchange is often a better option for you than Laser Eye Surgery as there is no limit in the treatable prescription range and we are able to treat patients with simultaneous distance and reading prescriptions.
To be suitable for CLE treatment, you must be over the age of 40 and have developed a reading prescription (presbyopia). The natural ageing of the eye causes the crystalline lens to loose flexibility which causes a decline in the ability to focus on close objects and this decline is known as Presbyopia.
Everyone will develop presbyopia, irrelevant of whether you have had prescription issues in the past, meaning that reading glasses will be needed for close up work. Generally, most people will develop presbyopia between 40 and 45 years of age and it will first affect your reading/near vision but over time it can also lead to a decline in your intermediate vision.
Why choose Advanced Vision Care?
- UK’s leading independent vision correction clinic.
- First and only clinic in the UK to have the latest and most advanced technology for Clear Lens Exchange treatment, all of which can be found in our Alcon Refractive Suite.
- Our world class surgeons have over seven decades of combined experience, they include the world renowned Dr CT Pillai, Dr Goran Helgason and Professor Martin Filipec.
- Treatments are truly bespoke, customised to each individual’s specific visual parameters and requirements to achieve outstanding results.
- All appointments from the consultation to treatment and aftercare can all be performed at the AVC clinic on Harley Street.
- The UK and Ireland’s leading provider in ICL and Multifocal IOLs.
- We have the largest independent optometrist network in the country, meaning patients can have treatment at the Harley Street clinic and enjoy incredible aftercare locally.
- To make it easier for patients to get the best treatment suited to their needs, AVC has partnered with the UK’s leading health insurance providers.
- Completely independent surgeon-led clinic with no affiliation with any manufacturers or paid consultants enabling us to choose the best lenses to fit our patients’ visual and lifestyle needs.
- Provide all patients with the best possible care, constantly surpassing expectations.
Our 5 star treatment is all about what is best for you
Step 1: Your Consultation
At your detailed consultation, we will carry out a thorough range of tests on your eyes to find out if you are suitable and to design the very best treatment plan for you.
Step 2: Your Surgery
With AVC’s world renowned eye surgeons and state of the art technology, you are guaranteed to experience surgery that is second to none.
100% Success Rate Enjoy 20/20 Vision
We started the vision correction revolution in the UK and our surgeons are pioneers in ophthalmology. Our popularity has spread around the world via word of mouth alone.
Top for Patient Comfort
Cutting Edge Technology
High Success Rate
Now more people than ever can have the world class treatment with Advanced Vision Care on Harley Street. Our pricing is not only transparent but we have ensured that there are several ways to fund treatment so that no one has to compromise in quality of care, standards or technology. At AVC we offer interest free finance plans to help spread the cost and we have partnered with the UK’s leading insurance providers to make Harley Street quality available for more people.
Refer & Earn
Earn £100 after you refer a friend and they have clear lens exchange treatment at Advanced Vision Care