About Advanced Vision Care
Advanced Vision Care (AVC) is unlike other eye clinics offering eye treatments in the UK. We are an independent surgeon-led clinic. AVC was founded in 2003 on Harley Street by world renowned refractive specialist Dr Pillai, who has been at the forefront of the development of the ophthalmic experience for over 25 years.
He is one of the very few refractive surgeons in the country to not only have a corneal fellowship but also one for refractive laser surgery. He is a pioneering surgeon that was one of the first consultants in the UK to perform bilateral laser eye surgery (treating both eyes on the same day) consequently having an impact on the effectiveness of the treatment and recovery times. Dr Pillai founded AVC with the aim to provide patients with access to the best laser eye technology available and in his expert hands achieve the incredible results with outstanding patient care.
First Class Patient Care with Advanced Vision Care
At Advanced Vision Care, we are devoted to patient care, which is why a surgeon is present throughout the entire patient journey from consultation to treatment and aftercare.
We only use the most advanced technology available and provide all patients with treatments that are truly unique and individually designed. For these reasons, we have become one of the UK’s leading independent vision correction clinics and consistently deliver world class care and constantly exceed expectations with our unrivalled results.
In 2007 AVC introduced non-laser treatment procedures including Cataracts Surgery, Clear Lens Exchange (CLE) and Implantable Contact Lenses (ICL). To maintain our high standards we sought out two experts in non-laser treatments which are also world renowned surgeons to be part of our surgical team: Dr Goran Helgason and Professor Martin Filipec.
Eye Treatments with Advanced Vision Care
Advanced Vision Care offer a range of eye treatments to provide total visual rehabilitation and we are often able to treat individuals that have been found unsuitable by other clinics. Our modern clinic houses the only transparent laser theatre in Europe and the most advanced non-laser theatre in the country – the Alcon Refractive Suite treating Cataracts, Clear Lens Exchange and Implantable Contact Lenses. At AVC we are truly independent with no affiliation with any manufacturers means we provide the best treatment to meet our patients’ visual and lifestyle needs.
Why do Patients Choose AVC?
- Surgeon led independent vision correction clinic.
- We are one of the very few clinics in the country that is able to provide total vision correction by offering laser and non-laser treatments.
- The Alcon Refractive Suite is most advanced non-laser theatre in the country providing state of the art Cataracts, Clear Lens Exchange (CLE) and Implantable Contact Lenses treatments (ICL).
- The only transparent laser theatre in Europe.
- Convenience – both our advanced theatres are located in the AVC clinic, based on Harley Street.
- The UK and Ireland’s leaders in ICL and Multifocal IOLs.
- Completely independent clinic with no affiliation with manufacturers or paid consultants, allowing us to offer the best treatment for every patient.
- Every treatment is bespoke and customised to each individual’s specific visual parameters and requirements, ensuring optimum visual quality.
- Industry’s most experienced and respected surgeons in their fields, with a combined experience of over 75 years. They are pioneers in the industry and international trainers.
- Lifetime care and commitment for patients.
- Nationwide independent optometrist network allow patients to have their aftercare check-ups closer to home.
- Leading cutting edge technology.
- Unsurpassed levels of patient care and satisfaction.
- Transparent pricing and no upselling.
- Care Quality and Healthcare Commission, ISO 9001 Quality Management and Investors in People accredited.
- Partnered with the UK’s leading insurance providers (AVIVA, Simply Health, WPA, Allianz, Cigna, Bupa and AXA)
The choice to have vision correction treatment can be difficult but it is essential to make sure that you make the right choice in clinic. At AVC, you will receive dedicated and personalised world class care by expert surgeons using state of the art technology. Your vision is precious and with AVC you couldn’t be in safer hands.
Now more people than ever can have the world class treatment with Advanced Vision Care on Harley Street. Our pricing is not only transparent, but we have ensured that there are several ways to fund your eye treatment so that no one has to compromise in quality of care, standards or technology.
At AVC we offer interest free finance plans to help spread the cost and we have partnered with the UK’s leading insurance providers to make Harley Street quality available for more people. We have also been approved by the National Health Service meaning patients will be able to receive treatment with us through the new e-referral system at no extra cost.